Friday, February 6, 2009

Feb 04, 09 ((My Freshman Year-2)

1.     Methodological memos: These memos contemplate changes in your research design or approach to data collection.

 

(My Freshman Year)

Ethnographers and students of ethnography

 

ISSUE 3: Unnamed to preserve all our anonymity (p. 1) e.g AnyU (my pseudonym for my university-p.4)

 

Important Quotations:

In this climate, what students want and how they understand their education are becoming more central to the shape of the modern university (p. 3).

 

 

2.     Faith reflection: Given the focus of this course and the role that field notes play, please include in your field notes, ways in which your faith tradition and values function as a lens in your observations, interviews, and other aspects of the research process

 

 

… I began to hear “A NEW DISCOURSE AS I WAS ENAGED BY OTHER STUDENTS IN CONVERSATION”… (p. 3)

 

I wanted to see how student culture articulates with the institution of the American university, including the vision we have of it, its mission, and its future (p. 5).- The Purpose/Motivation of this book

 

With this inspirational and great motivation for American higher education, the author chose “Unethical ways” as anonymity.

 

I don’t think a good decision despite of a good motivation.  


No comments:

Post a Comment